Home  |  As Featured On  |  Advertising  |  Parties I Like!  |  Contact Me  |  About  |  Shop


Thursday, November 19, 2009

Post It Note Holder

Looking for an inexpensive, easy-to-make teacher or co-worker gift? Look no further! I made very simple post it note holders out of clear, acrylic picture frames. I got mine at Walmart for $0.80 each. They are the 3.5 inch by 5 inch size. I also used scrapbook paper (one 12"x12" piece), some ribbon, and alphabet stickers (all of which I was using up from my home stash, so seriously, all I spent was $0.80 (picture frame) + $0.70 (post it pad) for a total of $1.50). I found a packet of 10 sticky note pads at Target in cute colors.



I started out by measuring and cutting the scrapbook paper to the 3.5" x 5" size.



I then put the scrapbook paper in the frame upside down (because the frame is going to lay down, not stand upright, so as to be able to hold the post it notes).



After that, I used the alphabet stickers to put the teacher's name on the holder. You could use alphabet stickers or, you could just choose to put an embellishment of some sort.



I also tied a ribbon around the base of the frame. The bow of the ribbon will hit right above the stickers (see pic of finished product).

The last step is to take a post it pad, peel off the backing and use the last sticky note to stick it to the frame. You could also get a cute golf-sized pencil to lay across the top of the pad.



And there you have it! An adorable post it note holder, inexpensive to both your wallet and your precious time!



4 comments:

  1. Okay, now these are absolutely perfect and do-able for teacher appreciation gifts!!! I've posted a link at childmade.com. Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute+simple+inexpensive=spendiferous!! I'll make these next year for Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails